4.21.2005

Christianity at work

I heard an amazing statement at school today. Remember, I go to a conservative school in the midwest, in the buckle of the Bible belt.

As I was walking along our new Public Affairs monument, a ridiculously grandiose "flagway" with the flags of 120 countries flapping over my head like so many carrion crows after the war (we like to call it the IHOF), I overheard one of our professors as he was having a conversation about religion in collegiate America. Lifting his hands to the sky, encompassing all 120 flags and the majority of our campus, his frustrated voice carried across the sidewalk, "This is Christianity at work."

2 comments:

Memphis said...

I'm not sure how the 120 flags is Christianity at work or why that would matter. Maybe I'm missing something.

Watusi Master said...

I'm not either...but it was funny as hell.